Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Prisoner's Wife


The descriptive writing pulled me into the life of Izzy, a Czech farm girl, and Bill, a British POW. Their story tells of love, determination and horrific hardships no human should endure. The forged friendships with other prisoners is touching, and shows that there is hope to be had even in the darkest times. Izzy lives life as a man, and their secret is kept despite the lack of privacy in the German labor camp. 
There is some crude and violent scenes, as would be expected in a WWII tale, yet the love Izzy and Bill cleave to is inspiring. The fact this is inspired by a true story drew me into the story even more. 
This is truly a page-turner, and not once did the story lag.
I highly recommend The Prisoner's Wife. It is my favorite book of 2020. 

5+ Stars

I received a copy of this book from Penguin Random House. 



1 comment: