Monday, November 20, 2017

The Christmas Star


The Christmas Star by Robert Tate Miller seeped into my heart the moment I started reading. The narrative of the main character, Paul Bennett, was so real I could hear his voice tell of young love, hope, faith, and despair. My heart broke when he suffered a loss so severe, I was left wondering how he would survive it.

This story is full of faith, though not preachy. It’s filled with undying love, though not sappy. This story holds a wonderful balance of both. In my opinion, it is the most unforgettable Christmas story I have ever read. The author entwined present day with days long ago. This depicts how timeless the story of Christmas is, and how it impacts the world today. The setting in The Christmas Star has a small-town feel, with vivid characters. The story is heart-felt and filled with hope…until hope is snuffed out of Paul Bennett’s life. His weaknesses overshadow his strengths when he turns to drinking. His self-alienation pushes everyone out of his life. Even God.

I loved the story, it’s characters, and the beautiful message of faith. Through all of Paul's struggles, God shines, providing a new beginning that leads him out of the depths of pain. The path is not without obstacles, but it is illuminated by the light of the Christmas star. 

I highly recommend this book.

5 Stars

ARC courtesy of Net Galley. All opinions are my own.



1 comment:

  1. Oh - I SO agree with you! I loved this book!

    This story carries such an important message. I see it as a movie in my head. One of my favorite Christmas tales of all time.

    ReplyDelete