Monday, November 13, 2017

A Prairie Girl's Faith by Stephen W. Hines


A Prairie Girl's Faith, by Stephen W. Hines, is an inspiring read. This biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder warmed my heart. The undying faith of the Ingalls family through very difficult times really depicted the closeness and faith they shared.

The research about the relationship between Laura and her mother was enlightening. I never really thought about the Christian example and teaching of the wonderful wife and mother, Rose. Of course, “Pa” had a hand in their upbringing, as well as their faith. His music and preaching within their four walls when they didn’t have a church to attend really showed what a great man and father he was. The way the family pulled together and stood strong no matter the circumstances was touching.

I enjoyed learning more about Laura Ingalls and her family. Though I watched the show “Little House on the Prairie” I learned so much more than the televised series could convey. Wonderful book about faith and family.

I highly recommend this read.

4 Stars

Copy courtesy of Blogging for Books. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment