Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Persistant by Allie Kincheloe


Persistent, by Allie Kincheloe, captured me from the first page. Yup.Totally invested.

I love it when a good girl falls for a bad boy. This book is filled with all the reasons why a good girl should steer clear, but Talia refuses to steer anywhere but into Sean's heart.
  
Sean, a victim of an unstable upbringing and his own demons, has made mistakes in his past. However, for the last five years he's done nothing but good. No matter his great intentions, or the fact he is a different man, he doesn't feel worthy of any relationship. 

Talia, the young woman who he rescues from an unsavory and abusive situation at the club he owns, has other ideas. Talia doesn't give up. She bounds into his heart and captures his interest, but he fights the attraction. Sean insists that she's too young, innocent and doesn't want a man like him in her life.

Long story short, Sean basically tries to convince his daggone stubborn self that he shouldn't pursue Talia. On the other hand, Talia does whatever she can to sway his conviction to keep her at arm's length. She succeeds—for a moment, anyway. Once their lips meet, She's not too crazy about the fact Sean captures her with a kiss then pushes away. 

The ensuing antics, serious moments and sometimes dangerous twists kept me riveted and wondering how the heck these two could ever find a happy ending. The story's plot is believable and intriguing. Just when I thought I had things figured out between the two main characters, the author threw in a twist… or three. (I love plot twists.)

Allie Kincheloe created flawed and lovable characters…and ones I loved to hate. (Especially Talia's ex-boyfriend, who is a domineering jerk.)  Talia made me smile so much my cheeks hurt. And Sean absolutely broke my heart at times. Quite a myriad of emotions, huh? 

Two thumbs up. This story has everything. I stayed up late many nights because I had to read "just one more chapter" of Sean's Sweetheart. (Which ended up being yet another…and another.) 

I highly recommend this romance if you like bad boys, good girls and the excitement the combination creates. You won't be disappointed.

5 Stars


Copy courtesy of author All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment