Thursday, August 6, 2020

Yellowstone Yondering



Terriers and Bison and bears! OH MY! (Yes, I just twisted a line from Wizard of Oz.) Kayla’s adventure in Yellowstone is filled with her crazy antics and broken rules, much to the dismay of Alexander, a go-by-rules park ranger. Both characters are downright lovable despite their flaws.


 I won’t dwell on the storyline, as you can get that from the well-written blurb. What I would like to convey is the great storytelling by the author, Kristen Joy Wilks. This story grabbed me right from the beginning and I honestly could not put the book down. As I got deeper into the story I loved the faith inspired moments and the self-growth from both Kayla and Alexander. 


I definitely disliked Kayla’s former friends that she accidentally comes across in Yellowstone. It really showed how far Kayla had come from her old ways.


This story is filled with heart-melting moments, gasp-inducing terror, and rib-tickling laughter. What a mixture! What I enjoyed most about Yellowstone Yondering was the faith inspired lessons that were so integrated into the storyline that it didn't come across as preaching. 

 

 

5 stars

 

I won this book in a giveaway. I am so blessed! All opinions in this review are my own. 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so fun! I love inspirational and outdoorsy romances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this book. Great read. I think you'd enjoy it too.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Jeannie! I'm so glad you enjoyed Kayla and Alexander's antics. And Ainsley's of course. What a delight to have the story be such a blessing. You totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a non-stop read. I couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete