Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Love Letter


I really enjoy when a story includes two time eras. It’s like a buy one get one sale, and I love a bargain.

It was a little more difficult for me to connect with Esther and Hamilton (the Revolutionary War era) and I kept finding myself wanting to skip to the contemporary era with Jesse and Chloe’s story. Their stories involve the movie industry and overcoming upsets of the past, which carried more depth for me. 

The theme of forgiveness weighs heavy and reveals a powerful and freeing conclusion to both stories. 

I wanted a faster pace with the Historical side of the story, but overall, I enjoyed the book as a whole. 

3 Stars. 

Book courtesy of Net Galley. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I liked the contemporary part better too. ;)

    ReplyDelete