Sunday, February 4, 2018

Honeysuckle Dreams by Denise Hunter



This is the second novel I've read by Denise Hunter, and I'm officially hooked. Honeysuckle Dreams is a fantastic read. I love the Copper Creek characters, Hope and Brady. The growing romance is believable, not sappy. The feel of the little hometown of Copper Creek is charming and makes me miss the Blue Ridge mountains. 

Even if I wasn't lucky enough to read this advanced copy of Honeysuckle Dreams, I would've bought it for my jam-packed bookshelf. I love this writer's style of good, clean romance.

This is the second book in the Blue Ridge Romance series. This most certainly could serve as a stand alone. I reviewed the first book of the series, Blue Ridge Sunrise, and the main characters are in Honeysuckle Dreams as well. (as secondary characters)

Well, let me tell you a little bit about this "we're just friends" story. Hope Daniels and Brady Collins have known each other since school days. After Brady's ex-wife dies, Hope helps out with childcare for his baby boy. Well, the two end up pairing up in the most unconventional way to help Brady keep his son. (You're going to love this baby!)

Both Hope and Brady have their own personal issues and insecurities to work on. Throughout the story, their friends and family support them through every upheaval. Sometimes with sympathy, and sometimes with a swift kick in the butt. 

In my opinion, the flashback chapter went on too long. I feel it could have been summed up in a paragraph or two. It took me out of the story. Just the same, I still loved the book. 

Honeysuckle Dreams has a memorable and touching storyline that hangs on long after the last page is read. 

5 Stars.


ARC compliments of Net Galley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment