Friday, June 15, 2018

The Theory of Happily Ever After


I couldn’t stop laughing while reading The Theory of Happily Ever After
At first I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to connect with the scientific yet quirky main character, Dr. Maggie Maguire. Needless to say, she grew on me. 

Ironically, Maggie is an acclaimed author of a book that is about the science of happiness, while in reality she is struggling with a broken relationship, and feeling quite sorry for herself. Her two best friends, Haley and Kathleen, won’t let her wallow for long. Unbeknownst to her, they book her on a singles cruise. After boarding the ship, Maggie learns she’s has to give a speech on her scientific happiness theory to the shipmates. This is where the craziness starts. 

To top things off, two men show an interest in her despite her mistrust. She's lying to her parents, and  her ex continues to add to her misery by adding to the pain he’s already inflicted, and her publisher has expectations Maggie isn’t sure she can satisfy. What a bunch of unhappiness right? Nope. You have to read this to find out what happens! It's so good!

The comedy is refreshing, and the story is super entertaining. 

 4 stars 

ARC compliments of Net Galley. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this story - more than I thought I would. :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete